Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Napkin holder


I have been meaning to buy a napkin holder for years. I could not find one that was right so I kept putting it off. This one was originally meant for my cousin to match the bird mirror frame (: http://thefeverishfeltist.blogspot.hu/2012/05/put-bird-on-it-be-birded-mirror-and.html). So I painted it brown, but I accidentally got sunblock and possibly nappy cream smudges on both sides of the napkin holder and there was no way I could cover it with more coats of paint. I had to cover the oily stains with paper. So I decided to make stocky animals wearing scrapbook paper...
I bought this base at the crafts shop

I drew and cut out the animal shapes which I traced onto the wooden base and also traced onto the scrapbook paper.














I used acrylic paint and a matt finish. I have a red and white polka-dotted table cloth and I added the dotted dishes on both sides so at least the napkin holder matches something :)

No comments:

Post a Comment