Wednesday, October 30, 2013

painted UFO cupboard knob





I haven't posted anything in a long time! To make up for it, I'll try to share a few things we did over the summer/fall.

One of our projects was the revamp of a night-table for my son. Since it is made out of laminated wood, my options were quite limited. Also, most of the furniture in the kids room is white or pine so white was fine by me.
The original nighttable

I really did not like the painted aluminium knob on the door of the nightstand. So when I came across a bag of there handles at a charity shops, I bought them.

The theme of the kids' new bedroom is SPACE in so far as there is a with stars, a rocket pillow and some drawers with space themed stickers on them. (I was trying to think of something that was appropriate for both my 2.5 year old but not too babyish for my 7.5 year old.) So, I painted an alien on the handle:

As always, I used acrylic paint and an acrylic varnish so it will wear better.

My son helped me out with the screwdriver!


The finished piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment