Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Rainy day painting

This is something I painted earlier this year...


As I wrote it an earlier post, our walls are still a bit bare in our new home... it has taken quite a long time (and consulting with our landlord), but I have finally put some pictures up (courtesy of my father :).
I bought this frame at a charity shop. I was drawn to the sturdiness and width of the frame. I thought I could paint something on the frame itself as I did with the malma mirrors (http://thefeverishfeltist.blogspot.co.uk/search?q=malma), but I ended up painting it blue (I have lots of blue left over from the desk project http://thefeverishfeltist.blogspot.co.uk/search?q=desk). I have also used the same paint on some furniture here which I haven't posted yet... and let's just say the rest of the family does not share my enthusiasm about the color anymore...
Wood pic frame, probably Ikea

 Then I found a great illustration on pinterest and painted something similar


No comments:

Post a Comment