Monday, December 15, 2014

Christmas jar labels




I made marmalade and candied orange peel for teachers and friends this year... again. I wanted to change things up a bit, but rather then trying a new recipe, I decided to make different labels. I found Annabelle Nielsen's blog with some great label ideas for preserves (http://zeit-geister.blogspot.co.uk/2011/12/making-ghost-jam-and-other-yummy-stuff.html) and saw these

(From zeit-geister.blogspot.co.uk) 

I thought the top right one would be perfect for my purposes

 I used the same sort of simple paper as I usually do, and a template to make creating a larger number of labels faster.
  I drew a border and wrote the words with a fine felt tip pen. I also added a bit of holy.
 Then I colored the label with Sharpies.
After cutting out the labels I glued them on to the jars.
I cut out round shapes from a gingham fabric (old school uniform) and covered the top of the jars.
The labels kind of remind me of Alice Tait's book cover designs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment